I've been under a lot of stress lately. When issues begin to pile up on you, it is often difficult to disentangle yourself from the fray. Here are a few of the tips and tricks I use to help me get back on track!
- Meditation. The simple task of focusing on your heart and allowing yourself to connect will ground you and remind you of what really matters.
- Music. Singing is extremely beneficial for loosening up your core muscles and clearing your head. Listening to music is also beneficial by helping your mind focus something besides your problems.
- Dancing. Moving to music you hear (or even music in your head) can help you relax and release stress energy.
- Reading. Anything that captures your attention, whether it be a book or magazine, can be used to escape the drama (at least temporarily) and help to relax you.
- Watching TV. Again, this can be a form of escapism, but it can also help your mind focus on things outside your troubles and in that way reduce tension.
- Working a puzzle, crossword or game. These will focus your mind in a constructive way (with the added benefit of keeping your mind active and alert).
- Jogging/Walking. Physical exercise is an excellent way to release stress energy and increase neurotransmitters, which will brighten your mood. Doing this outside will also connect you to nature.
- Riding a bike. Again exercise will relieve stress and build neurotransmitters.
- Doodling/creating art. Being creative allows your mind to think outside the box and improves your mind/body connection.
- Humor. Laughing is one of the best ways I know to immediately reduce tension and relax.
- Playing with a pet. Our animals are there with unconditional love! Allow yourself and your spirit to be soothed and comforted by their presence!!!
Don't allow the frustrations in your life to get the better of you!!! Be proactive and take those steps necessary to maintain a balanced state of mind. Your life will take on more clarity and meaning as you take responsibility for yourself!!!